• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: Calipoutine - Sparsley Settled Spaces w/ Hungry Faces

Thoroughly enjoyable blog.

The cake appears tasty, in spite of looking a little like a dog's breakfast (or a dog's haul from the trash in your case). I think I'd enjoy it more than a traditional wedding cake. What's not to love about all that fruit with cake.

Have a great day at the beach and I hope next week is a little less hectic.

Wonderful blog, Randi, and I will pick up some of those foil muffin cups and try my hand at that recipe.

I hope you're enjoying your day off by the lake after all this activity!

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

I just caught up with the rest of your blog. Thank you, Randi! The food you made for those receptions looked way better than what I've usually had (or seen) at wedding receptions I've played at. Now, enjoy NOT blogging for a while! :biggrin:

Michael aka "Pan"

I wish I had been a guest at that wedding! Looked delicious! (Except maybe the chicken breasts--I hate chicken breasts, but if smothered with enough sauce, I'm sure I'd have liked it, too.)

The cake was a bit strange for a wedding cake, but I think it suited the rest of the food. I'm sure it was delicious.

I really enjoyed following your very busy week, so I thank you for blogging during a very very busy time for you. Oh, those bacon cheddar muffins??? 11 points each! Won't be making those for a while, but as soon as I'm half-way to my goal weight, they're definitely going to be on my "must make" list!

I'm so glad I caught up with your blog before it closed! Many thanks for including us in your very busy week.

I may well be turning up more often in your senior dining thread, as I've just become housemates with an elderly friend who I'll be looking out after, including cooking meals for.

Take care, and get some well-deserved rest! :smile: