• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite ready-made chicken pot pie

zpzjessica

On 29/09/2016 at 3:31 PM, robirdstx said:

She never said my name either! Yes, Mr. Green Jeans, Captain Kangaroo, Grandfather Clock and Bunny Rabbit... I must be weird too - I do not like crispy crust but love the gooey bottoms. I would flip the pie out of the tin, cut off the crust edge and discard, then mash the rest of it all together.

I was the opposite. I'd flip mine out of the pan and finish it on the toaster oven's "broil" setting, so the bottom one could crisp up as well. 

• Like 3

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning