• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

I grew up on the Swanson's brand as well, because back then it was the only brand.

Now there are so many different ones and those that are so much better.

The best ones I've tried are Marie Callendar's chcken pies and the turkey pies.  I've had the pleasure of eating one prepared in her restaurant in Denver and it was wonderful.

I buy Shwan's now and they're pretty good too.  The biggest complaint I have against these type of pies is that the bottom crust always seems to be gummy.  So I just scoop it off and toss it into the disposer.

Oh gosh, I had forgotten about the Banquet brand, I think they were actually the original.  Quite awful, actually.

lindag

lindag

I grew up on the Swanson's brand as well, because back then it was the only brand.

Now there are so many different ones and those that are so much better.

The best ones I've tried are Marie Callendar's chcken pies and the turkey pies.  I've had the pleasure of eating one prepared in her restaurant in Denver and it was wonderful.

I buy Shwan's now and they're pretty good too.  The biggest complaint I have against these type of pies is that the bottom crust always seems to be gummy.  So I just scoop it off and toss it into the disposer.