• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cocktails in Bellevue

Is there anywhere that makes a really good cocktail in Bellevue? Or if not a great cocktail, a nice atmosphere (waterfront/outdoor seating, for instance)? Some of us need to loosen up before our 20th high school reunion in Bellevue.

I was afraid of that. What about Seastar? I haven't been but I know they have a bar. I'm also not averse to drinking something out of a pineapple at Trader Vic's, if I have to.

Edited by kiliki (log)

I think Daniel's has a piano bar/lounge type thing, though I never went there even though I lived blocks from there several years back.

For a small, intimate kind of place, though I really don't know what the drink quality is like, you might try the little restaurant across from Andiamo on 11th St NE... Ascada Bistro, if I remember correctly. It's a 750 square foot space. The food is not remarkable, at least the last time I went there, but it's probably the closest thing to a "little lounge" after dark in Bellevue. I assume it's still there, but it's been a few years for me.

Jason Truesdell

Blog: Pursuing My Passions

Take me to your ryokan, please

I'm also not averse to drinking something out of a pineapple at Trader Vic's, if I have to.

Don't plan on loosening up there. I think there may be a total of 1/4 ounce of alcohol in those crazy cocktails!

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

I think there may be a total of 1/4 ounce of alcohol in those crazy cocktails!

Lol, thanks.

With so many yuppies on the Eastside you'd think there would be more choices. Where do these people go to drink??? Twisted Cork doesn't look too bad. Thanks everyone.