• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

17 minutes ago, paulraphael said:

I have that exact one. Forgot how cheap it was. It's great for getting a quick read on oven temperatures, seeing how the fridge or freezer is doing, and checking the temp of any non-shiny pans. When I bake bread I use a dutch oven, and the gizmo lets me check the actual temp of that vessel so I can know how long to preheat. And it's not a bad cat toy.

Our crappy GE Profile fridge has a completely unreliable thermostat. Laser boy is indispensable for checks.

The other fun use is looking for cool/hot spots in pans and how long it takes a pan to even out the temp.

Our last dog was so addicted to chasing the dot that all I had to do was open its drawer to set him off.

@rotuts you need this

gfweb

gfweb

14 minutes ago, paulraphael said:

I have that exact one. Forgot how cheap it was. It's great for getting a quick read on oven temperatures, seeing how the fridge or freezer is doing, and checking the temp of any non-shiny pans. When I bake bread I use a dutch oven, and the gizmo lets me check the actual temp of that vessel so I can know how long to preheat. And it's not a bad cat toy.

Our crappy GE Profile fridge has a completely unreliable thermostat. Laser boy is indispensable for checks.

The other fun use is looking for cool/hot spots in pans and how long it takes a pan to even out the temp.

Our last dog was so addicted to chasing the dot that all I had to do was open its drawer to set him off.