• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Asian Dining Rules" -- Fat Guy's new book

Fat Guy

Yes it does. The book has already been published, though, so I'm no longer entertaining candidates for inclusion!

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

For those interested I will be discussing the book on NPR's "The State of Things" with Frank Stasio around 12:40pm Eastern time today. Easiest way to listen is online via WUNC, where that show originates:

http://wunc.org/programs/tsot

Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

And here is the audio, for those who wish to listen at their leisure: http://wunc.org/tsot/archive/sot1203c08.mp3/view

For those of you with Sirius satellite radio, I'll be on the Frank DeCaro show today around 1:15pm New York time. It's on Sirius OutQ 109, don't you know.

You bet. Just click the book title in my signature line.

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you who are in New York and interested -- or more likely if you are fans of David Chang -- there's an event tonight (Sunday 11 January) at the 92nd Street Y that will cover topics in my book as well as Asian dining in general. Here's all the info:

http://www.92y.org/shop/event_detail.asp?productid=T-LC5CA06