• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh duck eggs

Does anyone know if there is a supplier or a place I can buy fresh duck eggs in Montreal?

Sadly I think your out of luck. I've been in search of fresh duck eggs too, and haven't had luck anywhere. I asked my egg guy (Le Capitaine at the JTM) about it and he says they aren't available; he's looked everywhere and if they were available he would have them. Let me know if anything turns up though.

• 1 month later...

I have frequently seen them in a variety of Asian markets. I have also found under the counter bolut in some markets in Philippine communities. Best bets would be any of the Kim Phat's, Marche Hawaii on Marcel Lauren, or Kim Po or some of the others on Victoria.

Next time I see them I will provide more precision.

Edited by fedelst (log)

Veni. Vidi. Voro.

I get them from straight from the farm, from Ferme Bourgeois in St-Canut when available. But I do know that they are available at Jean Talon; when I was on the des Kiwis et des Hommes show, they found me some, sorry I don't know where..