• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dualit Coffee Maker?

Richard Kilgore

I saw a Dualit Coffee Maker in a store for the first time yesterday and wondered if any members here are familiar with them. This one was of a large, squared, chunky design, much like some espresso makers. Probably about a 10 - 12 cup capacity.

A little research revealed that Dualit discontinued their espresso machines. For that reason alone, I would stay away, since warranty support would probably be sketchy at best.

Their website indicates that they only make percolators, the single worst way to make coffee that exists.

I like Dualit toasters though.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at one of these closer and turns out it is more impressive from a distance. Up close the parts look cheaper than they ought to for the supposed retail price. Not so attractive even at a give-away discount. And I usually make coffee fairly up close anyway.