• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
MJP

Fourex and Victoria Bitter in NY/NJ metro?

I studied in Australia for a semester in '02, and I miss the taste of Fourex and Victoria Bitter, which I was told were Queensland's beers of choice. Does anyone know a place where I can get them?

I studied in Australia for a semester in '02, and I miss the taste of Fourex and Victoria Bitter, which I was told were Queensland's beers of choice.  Does anyone know a place where I can get them?

I would try BierKraft in Brooklyn, to start.

Does anyone know a place where I can get them?

I don't think either one is "officially" exported from Australia to the US currently.

VB is a product of Foster's and, for a time, was available in the US (as an "oil can" and in bottles IIRC) but I can't remember whether it was contract-brewed in Canada (like Fosters) or came from Aust. Can't say I've seen it recently but, then, I don't look for those sorts of beers.

Castlemaine XXXX was, for a time, (late 80's - mid-90's ?) contract-brewed for the US market by Coors (it was mostly found at Outback Steakhouse) but I think that contract ended as well.

Not a lot of beer imported from Australia to the US- the only ones I bother with are Cooper's. Many of their "industrial light lagers" (even those mis-named "bitter") seem to come and go in this market, other than Foster's (which, ironically, is much bigger in the US and Europe than in it's home country).

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By liuzhou
      500 years ago, Martin Luther started off the Reformation. In a way, this not only changed religious affairs in Europe, but also changed our beer.

Article here.