• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mediterranean Kitchen in Bellevue, WA

Hi, and welcome to eGullet!

I have not been to the Mediterranean Kitchen in Bellevue, but many years ago remember eating at one somewhere near Seattle Center? I remember my meal being pretty garlicky, too, as well as inexpensive.... but don't remember any more of the details.

I haven't been to the Bellevue branch, but have always enjoyed eating at the one near Seattle Center. In fact it's been to long since I've been there....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

• 2 weeks later...

I have a good story about the Bellevue Med Kitchen. I appointed myself cultural director of my group and decided they needed their culinary horizons broadened ;-) So we all went to lunch at Med Kitchen ;-) One guy told me the next day his wife made him sleep on the couch. Apparently garlic is NOT a regular part of their diet.

When I took them to Sea Garden and they turned up their noses at the crab with ginger & green onion, and complained about the cost, I resigned as cultural director. They are a hopeless lot.

and, IMO, Med Kitchen has gotten a bit high with their prices. The Farmer's dish is now $17. its just chicken wings!! c'mon!!

Born Free, Now Expensive

That's funny, a friend arranged for a large group to go to the old Malay Satay - half a dozen people (of two dozen or so) had real problems with the menu and the food. I think they stopped for burgers on the way home. And I think they felt like they paid too much! Guess it's all relative.