• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Italian in the Phoenix area (Mexican, too)

So where does one go for great Italian in the Phoenix area? (any typeP

And while we're on the subject. What about Mexican? (preferably Sonoran)

any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Great Italian in Phoenix...my answer to that would depend on what great Italian that one had exposure to...I am not a fan of much of what is considered "great" by people in town. I find it too be out of date and not executed well. There is someone that I consider the best Italian chef in town but he is supported by poor service and by my friend's last report to me that ruined his meal.

As for Mexican...I think most would list Barrio Cafe, Los Sombreros (chef just left), Tradiciones at the Ranch Market, Carolina's (best tortillas), Pepe's Taco Villa as some of the better spots in town. I am not sure that I would prefer any of them over Mi Nidito, El Torero or any of the spots down your way.

Hope That Helps,

Molto E

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

So where does one go for great Italian in the Phoenix area? (any typeP

And while we're on the subject. What about Mexican? (preferably Sonoran)

any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Great Italian in Phoenix...my answer to that would depend on what great Italian that one had exposure to...I am not a fan of much of what is considered "great" by people in town. I find it too be out of date and not executed well. There is someone that I consider the best Italian chef in town but he is supported by poor service and by my friend's last report to me that ruined his meal.

As for Mexican...I think most would list Barrio Cafe, Los Sombreros (chef just left), Tradiciones at the Ranch Market, Carolina's (best tortillas), Pepe's Taco Villa as some of the better spots in town. I am not sure that I would prefer any of them over Mi Nidito, El Torero or any of the spots down your way.

Hope That Helps,

Molto E

thanks molto!

You have great insight to good Mexican food if you know anf love El Torero.

Edited by rconnelly (log)