• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bhuna Lamb vs Bhunna Gosht?

A month or so i went to a local Indian restaurant and i tried something called Bhunna Ghost, first time i had the dish. Now, i really liked it so last weekend when we again went for Indian, but at another restaurant the closest thing i could find was Bhuna Lamb.

Now, the two tasted very different but im not sure its down to the two different chefs or if its two completely different dishes. The first was rather hot whereas the second was somewhat mild.

I would be gratefully if someone could educate me on the matter, and an enormous plus would be if someone could share a recipe for them/it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Southern (log)

Bhuna = Fried/Stir-fried/Roasted (dry cooked pretty much)

Gosht = Mutton/Lamb

So the dishes you had were actually called the same thing, just different languages. The different taste is because they are different restaurants and different chefs. They will use totally different ingredients (vegetables, spices, seasonings).