• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kuitan (The Gluttonous Detective)

Hiroyuki

HIroyuki - that was fascinating. I'll be watching all these episodes on YouTube (glad it has all the English subtitles). The sushi making episode has made me hungry.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

• 10 months later...

Okay, thanks to Peter Green's "Travelogue: Spirited Away" and Hiroyuki's "Niigata Sushi Shop" threads, I found and watched both seasons of Kuitan this week.

Thank you for bringing this show to my attention! Totally awesome. Although, I have to admit, that it totally sucked having cravings for curry, okonomiyaki and croquettes and 3am. I especially liked the bits of history & backgrounds for the different foods featured in each episode. And, of course, the pure campiness of the whole series which reminded me of the tokusatsu and dramas that I grew up watching. :D

The first ramen shop wasn't opened until 1910? That was the same year Korea was forcibly annexed.

I've got to practice doing that thing where he flips the spoon out extended into the air (ala John Travolta).