• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

extra e removed.

I am constantly gifted "joke" aprons because people know I like to cook, so I guess they think I need aprons a lot.  Most are terrible in function and fabric and have stupid jokes, but one of them turned out to be pretty useful.  It's a Thinkgeek Tactical Apron, camo.  It is kind of heavy, but it covers where I get the most splatters.   I find I reach for it when pasta making, rolling out pizza dough, juicing prickly pears (bloody messy).   It is a ridiculous garment, but I grin when I put it on.

lemniscate

lemniscate

I am constantly gifted "joke" aprons because people know I like to cook, so I guess they think I need aprons a lot.  Most are terrible in function and fabric and have stupid jokes, but one of them turned out to be pretty useful.  It's a Thinkgeek Tactical Apron, camo.  It is kind of heavy, but it covers where I get the most splatters.   I find I reach for it when pasta making, rolling out pizza dough, juicing prickly pears (bloody messy).   It is a ridiculous garment, but I grin when I put it one.