• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tomatoes & Cucumbers

Hi,

Don't know if this is the proper place for this & I know it’s a long shot but I just hate letting them die.

If anybody in the Nutley area needs some plants I have some extras (just pm me).

As of this post, the extras are:

Tomatoes

4 Big Beef

4 Prudens Purple

1 Brandy Wine

3 Orange Blossom

2 Striped German

2 Pink Beauty

Cucumbers

3 Straight 8

3 Diamante

Just let me know,

Lisa

Maybe the church councils in Nutley may be interested. Also, there may be Community gardens that could use them. The Crane House/Montclair Historical society is very herb=garden friendly. They might be a resource.

That's it off the top of my head. I'll keep thinking. Good luck.

I've potted my tomato plants! I'm very excited, as this will be my first effort at growing tomatoes.

Can anybody offer some useful advice or point me in the right direction as far as resources for more successful growing?

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

I've potted my tomato plants!  I'm very excited, as this will be my first effort at growing tomatoes.

Can anybody offer some useful advice or point me in the right direction as far as resources for more successful growing?

Hi,

I get a lot of good information on Garden Web there is a tomato forum.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/tomato/

Tomatoes are pretty simple as long as they get enough sun and water you should be good to go. You may want to stake the tomatoes so they don't sprawl on the ground.

• 1 month later...

I'm pleased to report that I have tomatoes growing on both plants!!!

Thanks again!!!

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)