• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

green plums

Soup

I have a plumb tree. A wind storm passed through today and the kids picked a lot of green plumbs off the ground. They are not all that big, about the size of a large cherry. We have a bucket full of them. Is there anything I can do with them? It seems such a shame to throw them out?

Soup

Pickles?

t

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 4 weeks later...
Pickles?

t

I have a large quatity of pretty good size green (unripe) plums. I think the pickling suggestion is pretty good. How do I pickle plums? If anyone knows of a website, it would be hugely appreciated.

Soup

I'm pretty sure I once had greenplumb sauce (as opposed to green plumbsauce)

I say start experimenting and report in! With pictures!

I would try it like applesauce, just simmer whole in some water for while, put through the food mill, add sugar as necessary. I did this with the quinces from our tree out front, it was pretty good. Get a pack of gelatin and let it set up in a martini glass (everything looks good in a martini glass)

Godspeed Soup!

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack