• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buying a birthday cake in London

So, I'd like to get a nice birthday cake for my girlfriend. I've left matters a little late - it's for next Saturday, so it can't be anywhere that needs ordering way in advance. Any suggestions? Ones that won't totally break the bank would be very welcome!

So, I'd like to get a nice birthday cake for my girlfriend. I've left matters a little late - it's for next Saturday, so it can't be anywhere that needs ordering way in advance. Any suggestions? Ones that won't totally break the bank would be very welcome!

Patisserie Valerie. Couple of days notice should surfice. For £35 we got a cake for 15 that was beyond belief. One guest got such a rush from it they were transported to a higher state of........chocolate rush land.

http://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/