• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hubert Keller

handmc

I just saw Hubert Keller's Secrets of a Chef on PBS (NJN).

My god what a beautiful show! I drooled as I watched him prepare a new take on French Onion Soup with chopped tomato and fava beans, a classic alsatian dish and a pesto burger.

I picked up a number of techniques and stared jaw agap as he created one show stopper after another. No question why he is one of the best.

It is humbling watching someone at this level work. You watch him do something as simple as shape a hamburger and it make sense.

Who needs food network, PBS is still the standard for real cooking shows.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

I added this show to my slew of TiVo season passes for Saturday afternoon on PBS. It was good. I enjoyed it.

I've been to Burger Bar in Las Vegas. Tasty burger. But not plated/presented as fancy as I expected. (what was shown on TV)

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"