• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Doritos X-13D

branch

Found some in Walmart today

um YECH

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 2 weeks later...

We picked up a bag of these at the store about two weeks ago. The first one I ate was pretty tasty, and then I ate three more and was done with the flavor forever.

I think it says something that my fiance took the leftover 3/4 of a bag to work - a shop full of hungry guys - and the bag is still sitting there half full.

Bleargh.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these in the store and admit I was hooked by the clever marketing ploy.

Nothing is as fun to me as a "name that flavor" ;-)

I agree.. it totally tasted like a McDonalds cheeseburger to me. All mustard and onions. They also made my fingers reek for several hours afterwards. Even left that freaky lingering aftertaste McD's burgers do.

I didnt really like them at all... but then I'm not a fan of McD's either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think they TOTALLY taste like a McDonald's cheeseburger! My husband hates McD burgers because he's a mustard-aphobe, so I gave him the Dorito without telling him what I thought it reminded me of.

He said, "gross, it tastes all mustard-y like a McDonald's burger." So I guess that's two votes for McD cheeseburger, which is not necessarily a compliment.

• 8 months later...

I was thiniking the same thing..due to some of the sweetness, I was also thinking key lime something

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

• 2 weeks later...

got it guessed the flavor! it's mountain dew...

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

Ew. Mountain Dew flavored Doritos?

I had Doritos called Spicy Sweet Chili recently. They tasted as if they'd been dusted with chicken flavor Ramen noodle seasoning packets.

My kids and I tried the Quest chips yesterday. I didn't tell the kids what they were as I was hoping to get a good reaction. Well, they just kept eating them. No reaction at all.

My six year old declared that lemonade chips are cool. I think they were just happy that I gave them chips for no reason. Probably could have been poop chips, they would have been just as happy.

Oh, go put on your big girl panties and just DEAL with it!