• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Most Prized Cookbook

I am so jealous that you all got books handed down from grandmothers. I am currently compiling notes from my grandmother and mother. Writing their recipes down (they knew how it was all supposed to 'look and taste', so many things are left out) and tinking with things to get them as close to the way my mom remembers them as I can. Once that is done, I believe it will be amazing.

Favorite cookbook? I reference Shirley Corriher's "Cookwise", all of the time.

Most prized: My grandmother's recipe cards and a family cookbook that we had printed and bound in the early eighties. It has all sorts of wonderful family recipes and cool pictures to boot.

Most used: Cook's Illustrated Best New Recipes, Joy of Cooking, and Essentials of Italian Cooking.

-Sounds awfully rich!

-It is! That's why I serve it with ice cream to cut the sweetness!