• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Eats in Jupiter/Tequesta

PandoraLost

One of my favorite places to eat, and to take people, is The Thirsty Turtle. I've taken my parents there; my mother loves the french onion soup, my dad loves the Oysters.

The Thirsty Turtle has great seafood, and great bar-type food, too. I've gone there some nights with a crew of friends and just ordered appetizers--they have nightly wing specials, great seafood specials, and excellent sandwiches.

The atmosphere is really great; it's maybe two miles from the beach, the waitstaff is wonderful and they seem to love working there. The prices are reasonable, and the bar is really good.

All in all, a great place.

• 3 weeks later...

My office is in Juno Beach and we often go there for lunch. We always get the wings and their sauce is fantastic even if you like them hot.

I also recommend the Thirsty Turtle.

• 5 weeks later...

Bizarre Too -- one of my favorite places in Jupiter. Very ecclectic, unique place. Not traditional in any sense -- food, ambiance, artwork (all for sale), seating, tables, chairs, couches, etc.

Check their website.

Eric

Edited by ELA (log)

• 2 weeks later...
One of my favorite places to eat, and to take people, is The Thirsty Turtle. I've taken my parents there; my mother loves the french onion soup, my dad loves the Oysters.

The Thirsty Turtle has great seafood, and great bar-type food, too. I've gone there some nights with a crew of friends and just ordered appetizers--they have nightly wing specials, great seafood specials, and excellent sandwiches.

The atmosphere is really great; it's maybe two miles from the beach, the waitstaff is wonderful and they seem to love working there. The prices are reasonable, and the bar is really good.

All in all, a great place.

I haven't been able to get there yet, but I am very much looking forward to it.

Eric

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to say I wasn't able to get there on my past couple of trips -- too busy, plans, etc.

Is this place still a "should go"? I'll be in my usual spots in Jupiter in the next couple of weeks (and certainly when it starts getting colder here in Northern NJ), so I am going to make plans to go if the regulars say so.

Thanks.

Eric

It definitely is. I went there with my roommates a few weeks ago and the food was just as good as ever.

Great sea food, excellent ribs, wonderful service.

There are a bunch of really great restaurants in the area, actually; I really ought to compile a personal top-ten and post it. The Thirsty Turtle, however, is an all-time favorite.

Our two favorites in the area are definitely Cap'n Charlie's Reef Grille and Little Moir's Fish Shack (both on US 1). Both generally have significant waits at peak times, so if Thirsty Turtle is a worthwhile option, we'd check it out.

Will be down visiting my FIL T'giving week, so new options are always good. Would be interested to hear others favorites in the area (FIL is in Palm Beach Gardens)...