• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hell's Kitchen (US) Season 3

PDC

Even better - here's a release for the casting call. Note that it specifically says "you will not be demonstrating your cooking skills". I think that explains a lot about the quality of the contestants, no?

Casting Call: FOX will host open auditions for the culinary competition series Hell's Kitchen. Aspiring chefs should consider attending one of the upcoming open auditions and please note you will not be demonstrating your cooking skills; an interview session will take place instead and interested cooks should come prepared to discuss their experience and why they want to appear on the show. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, U.S. citizens and come with a completed application form. Applications, information and the full list of open audition cities and exact contact information for each can be found at www.fox.com/Hellskitchen .

Well, the outcome didn't really surprise me . . . IMO Roc deserved to win.

Julia's behavior was juvenile. Suck it up, girlfriend and get over it!

Geez, you're on your way to culinary school on someone else's dime

and you can't manage to put a smile on your face and be a team player.

Wow...I'm so glad this show is over and I now have my Monday nights back. I couldn't stop watching. It was like a train wreck in slow motion...carnage everywhere. One wants to look away, but can't--before you know it, a little piece of you is gone...forever.

I wish GR would respect himself more and cut this mess out...

God, I for one am so happy that train wreck is over. Could they have found people who were more inept? Rock and Jen seemed to be the only two who knew what the hell they were doing or any idea what Ramsey expected. I found myself often looking at a clock wondering when it was going to be over. I hope next season they find some people worthy of the title of chef. Rock clearly was the best one to win. He really showed what he could do and how to be a leader.

Julia's behavior was juvenile. Suck it up, girlfriend and get over it!

Geez, you're on your way to culinary school on someone else's dime

and you can't manage to put a smile on your face and be a team player.

I could not believe her! The little insubordinate bitch. She needed to stop worrying about what everyone else was doing and do what the chef ( Bonnie) told her to do. If she pulled that shit with Ramsey he would have bounced her ass so fast. Instead Bonnie doesn't have the cajones to tell her that it is her kitchen and Julia will do what she is told to do. It was not Julia's kitchen to run or tell the chef what she was or was not going to do. I couldn't believe her behavior, I hope she tries that ONCE at culinary school. She will be in her place so fast or on her way back to the Waffle House.

Edited by kristin_71 (log)

• 4 weeks later...
That's a double ooch!  :shock:  (Cue Banana Splits theme music.)

Oh, so those tighty whiteys were really doing a good job of either (a) providing a layer of insulation from Gordo's raging Aga/Viking or whatever, or (b) restraining those mighty surging twins from the surface of same? Ummm . . . he had to have been pretty close in. Burned his bollocks and not his schlong - a narrow escape, I'd say (!) :laugh:

There is a God!

BTW, Gordo's wife Tana has denied Gordo's story, saying he made it up just before making some public comments at an awards ceremony. Apparently, Gordo is actually suffering from a dull ache in one ball - and his doctors told him it was just age. But Gordo wanted to make it sound better. Why Gordo feels the need to discuss his balls at all - on TV or at an awards ceremony - escapes me. But given the fact he discussed them a lot on the F Word (the supposed sterility/low sperm count issue of male chefs in front of hot stoves), I guess Gordo's fixed on his bollocks.

And the lying! First, he lied about Marco Pierre White swiping his reservation book from one his restaurants (Marco is now suing for libel), and now, his bollocks! He keeps up this grandstanding and sensationalism, he's in danger of becoming anotyher Rocco di Spirito - even as good as Gordo is. :hmmm: