• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tapas Recommendations

sadistick

Senor Antonio (attached to Chiado)? Had a great dinner here the one time I went. Similar food to Chiado (i.e., excellent) but in a more modern environment.

JK Wine Bar? I generally enjoy most of the plates I get here on any one visit, and the remainder are certainly fine, just not exceptional. I find it a bit noisy sometimes, though.

Cava? (Haven't been, have heard some mixed opinions)

Simon

Mom's bday today - shes thinking Tapas...

Never really done the Tapas thing here in TO - Need some suggestions asap please!!!  :raz:

Thanks in advance.

Real tapas or just small plates of food for sharing?

Torito's Tapas Bar is quite good but maybe not fancy enough for a B-Day

click

Cava - I'm trying this tomorrow so I don't know how good it is but Chris McDonald's Avalon was fantastic in its heydays

clickety

Senhor Antonio Tapas and Wine Bar at Chiados is quite nice -- and you can't go wrong if you want to splurge for Mom and go for the Chiado dinner menu

click, click

Small plates for sharing -- there's the usual suspects -- Jamie Kennedy's Wine Bar or Lee

Mom's bday today - shes thinking Tapas...

Never really done the Tapas thing here in TO - Need some suggestions asap please!!!  :raz:

Thanks in advance.

If it's Mom - bite the bullet and do Senhor Antonio. Great service, excellent food and very presentable.

On the other hand, if she 'thinks young' try Kultura. Very good food, great winelist and it has that certain buzz (wheras Senhor Antonio is old world).

JK Winebar and Coca are too casual. Lee and Cava are too noisy.

Or possibly Colborne Lane if she wants cutting edge (may be possible on a Tuesday).

If it's Mom - bite the bullet and do Senhor Antonio. Great service, excellent food and very presentable.

On the other hand, if she 'thinks young' try Kultura. Very good food, great winelist and it has that certain buzz (wheras Senhor Antonio is old world).

JK Winebar and Coca are too casual. Lee and Cava are too noisy.

Or possibly Colborne Lane if she wants cutting edge (may be possible on a Tuesday).

I highly enjoyed Coca, but I'd still rather go to JK wine Bar. Nicer space, better wines, brighter and less huried.

Save the Deliwww.savethedeli.com