• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

sodium alginate, transglutamase. etc

Will Goldfarb's shop on his website sells pretty much all the chemicals they use, and they export to the UK. I think that if you ordered the right amount, it'd come in a box around half a metre squared, you should get away without too much of a customs charge. Or you could specify they try to pack it in as small a box as possible.

Just had a look on the MSK ingredients website, their range is awesome, and much wider than Goldfarb, but... Goldfarb has some that are not featured on MSK, some of the chemicals that you might want if you're trying to emulate things like elbulli recipes.

Just had a look on the MSK ingredients website, their range is awesome, and much wider than Goldfarb, but... Goldfarb has some that are not featured on MSK, some of the chemicals that you might want if you're trying to emulate things like elbulli recipes.

there is also sosa through wild harvest, covent garden which includes the textures range from bulli

msk has a good range but their prices are a joke. i would suggest u write to the chemical company that makes it and say you would require a product test and they will undoubtely send you a kilo or so and that will last you for quite some time. /Mag

transglutaminase (trade name "activa")

there is also sosa through wild harvest, covent garden which includes the textures range from bulli

I have ordered sosa products through wild harvest recently and they provided a very good mail order service.