• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Learn indepts Italian Cuisine

I have a very vague knowledge about Italian cuisine and is limited to several dishes like spaghetti bolognaise, napolitana, alio Oglio, cabonara, some pasta, tiramisu and others. I certainly wish to increase repertoire of my Italian regional dishes and specialities of the different region of this vast, beautiful country with rich culture?

主泡一杯邀西方. 馥郁幽香而湧.三焦回转沁心房

"Inhale the aroma before tasting and drinking, savour the goodness from the heart "

Go to the egullet section "Italy and Italian Cuisine". There are several posts which start with "The Cooking and Cuisine of..." Lazio, Tuscany, Umbria, etc. You will learn alot find many recipes and references to expand your knowledge. The power is at your fingertips! If you have any questions, post them in that forum, because there are plenty of experts on hand to provide guidance and encouragement. Boun fortuna!

Or, start by reading this thread:

A Year of Italian Cooking

One of the best threads on eGullet ever, where Kevin 72 cooks his way through Italy in one year. This thread was the mother thread to the regional threads that MarkinHouston mentions. Witty, inspiring, with beautiful pictures. It completely changed my view of Italian food and taught me so much about the importance of regionality in this cuisine!