• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Photos From Rome Trip

In Rome for just a few days before heading to Paris and Mexico City. Just wanted to share my photos with you guys. So much good food and so little time as you can imagine.

You can view the photos HERE

I'll try to post my impressions, but I am running on empty.

Enjoy!

Well here are my impressions...

Love the photo of the chestnuts, are they actually still in season right now?

I can smell those pizzas, they look so good.

Ah, cherries, sign of summer for me.

I am not sure about the seasonality (I know the states, but don't know if there are any slight differences in Europe), but they sure do make pretty photos! In Paris now. You can see those photos HERE. Planning on labeling them when my connection is not so spotty.

Edited by The Blissful Glutton (log)

Wonderful photos. A delight.

Thanks,

Jmahl

The Philip Mahl Community teaching kitchen is now open. Check it out. "Philip Mahl Memorial Kitchen" on Facebook. Website coming soon.

I am not sure about the seasonality (I know the states, but don't know if there are any slight differences in Europe), but they sure do make pretty photos! In Paris now. You can see those photos HERE. Planning on labeling them when my connection is not so spotty.

I live in Roma, they are still selling chestnuts on the street though they aren't falling from trees any longer. I was surprised to see the cherries at the market, though. Which market was it? All the pictures looked great and you've inspired me to go to a new pizza place this evening.

I wish I remembered the name of the market, but it was a very impromptu stop. It was near that Franchi store if that helps...

oh yeah, i know now. It's on Cola di Rienzo, i only venture out that way to visit castroni for cheddar cheese and sour cream!

I wish I remembered the name of the market, but it was a very impromptu stop. It was near that Franchi store if that helps...

oh yeah, i know now. It's on Cola di Rienzo, i only venture out that way to visit castroni for cheddar cheese and sour cream!

Ha ha. Sounds very Italian ;)

Are you thinking of the one located in the old looking hall with the large archway?

About the cherries, we had some for dessert one night at Dal Bolognese and they could have used another few weeks...quite tasteless. I just have this memory of cherries in Italy from a childhood trip to Milan and needed to indulge.

Ha ha. Sounds very Italian ;)

Are you thinking of the one located in the old looking hall with the large archway?

About the cherries, we had some for dessert one night at Dal Bolognese and they could have used another few weeks...quite tasteless. I just have this memory of cherries in Italy from a childhood trip to Milan and needed to indulge.

Waiting on the cherries is probably a good idea. When I lived in SF, I would take drives on the coast and buy some from the roadside vendor to munch on when looking at the scenery. Just spectacular.They set a high standard for cherries in my life. Washington has some pretty darn good ones too.

Franchi has quite the selection of everything. if only I had a store like that here in Atlanta. As for tacos, I was in Mexico City after Rome and ate some pretty good tacos if you are interested...

Click here

Waiting on the cherries is probably a good idea. When I lived in SF, I would take drives on the coast and buy some from the roadside vendor to munch on when looking at the scenery. Just spectacular.They set a high standard for cherries in my life. Washington has some pretty darn good ones too.

Franchi has quite the selection of everything. if only I had a store like that here in Atlanta. As for tacos, I was in Mexico City after Rome and ate some pretty good tacos if you are interested...

Click here

wow, that's really all i can say. those tacos make me long for a taco truck.

and of course, all good cherries are bought out of the back of an old van, from hispanics on the side of the road. or from the little store attached to the fields.