• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where To Buy Morels

I've been looking for some fresh morels to cook with and have struck out finding them I didn't expect to find them at supermarkets, but Idlywild doesn't have any (I'm not surprised at this either - they aren't much better than a supermarket).

Does anyone have any pointers to where I can find some locally? I'll go from Concord to NH or online if you've got a recomendation.

Thanks

Dan

I bought some yesterday at Whole Foods, in W. Hartford, CT. They were fresh, delicious and expensive. Try one near you.

I've been looking for some fresh morels to cook with and have struck out finding them I didn't expect to find them at supermarkets, but Idlywild doesn't have any (I'm not surprised at this either - they aren't much better than a supermarket).

Does anyone have any pointers to where I can find some locally? I'll go from Concord to NH or online if you've got a recomendation.

Thanks

Dan