• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Homemade Pasta

DTBarton

In our local Whole Foods store yesterday I noticed a new product. It was a line of frozen filled pasta products (ravioli and tortellini). The brand name is Severino. Some of the packages had stickers on them that said "Best of Philly 2006".

Many varieties of ravioli from the regular to the exotic. I noticed the cheese ravioli was sold out (it was cheaper at $5.49, the more exotic fillings range from about $8 - $11). They also had cheese tortellini for $5.49, so I tried a box.

Had some last night and it was excellent. Nice quality pasta, nice cheese filling, ready after about 5 minutes in boiling water. I just put a little olive oil and black pepper on it.

Ready to try some more.