• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cupcakes Business: Packaging, Sales, Etc.

Kim Shook

I would make a collar all around the cupcake using a product called Cakeband. And then wrap in cellophane, gather above the cupcake top and tie with a bow. There are individual cupcake disposable containers available but they are pricey.

Here are a couple of links to products:

Cakeband can be purchased by the roll in different widths or in pre-cut strips.

http://www.marquefoods.com/pastryaccessories.htm

http://www.bakingshop.com/sugarcraft/kopykake/kakeband.html

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I don't want to post this on the new 'Kitchen Consumer' thread because I think this applies mostly to pastry people.

I did a (not exhaustive) web and eGullet search as I vaguely remember someone posting a link to a source for inexpensive, multicolored, possibly wholesale, but at least bulk quantity cupcake liners.

The closest I've found is: www.confectioneryhouse.com

If anyone knows a better supplier for cupcake liners...and specifically BROWN ones, please post a link.

Thanks! :smile:

there was a thread looking for black cupcake liners that mentioned the confectionery house; I know that you can get brown ones from Cake Deco in Australia, but maybe they can tell you where they get them.

I can't get the link to work, so if you do a search for: cupcake liners in black http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=76536&hl=

you might find it.....

Thanks everyone. I love the mini Italian liners, but I'm really looking for the traditional American cupcake liner.

I think Confectionery House might be the source, but I'm trying to find them cheaper and in bulk.

I'll check out other leads and look into the search on eGullet again. I'm terrible at using this search engine!

Thanks again for the tips!

Thanks everyone.  I love the mini Italian liners, but I'm really looking for the traditional American cupcake liner.

I think Confectionery House might be the source, but I'm trying to find them cheaper and in bulk.

I'll check out other leads and look into the search on eGullet again.  I'm terrible at using this search engine!

Thanks again for the tips!

Coincidently, I'm looking for the same thing. I've only been able to find them at the confectionary house. If you do find them cheaper and in bulk please post it.

Thanks

blackcat

ptdc, thanks for the links! the british site is great, but the size isn't standard with american cupcake/muffin tins :hmmm: ...

so close, yet so far away.

i'm checking with one of my usual purveyors of packaging to see if they can custom make some brown glassine cupcake papers.

it's pretty amazing that something so simple is so difficult to find!

thanks,

alana

• 2 months later...

i need to make about 200 cupcakes for an upcoming wedding ... can i bake them without using a muffin pan? i don't have that many muffin pans ...

are foil muffin papers strong enough on their own?

(gawd i hate the wedding cupcake craze ...)

i need to make about 200 cupcakes for an upcoming wedding ... can i bake them without using a muffin pan?  i don't have that many muffin pans ...

are foil muffin papers strong enough on their own?

I've used those foil baking cups, and they work fine. It does seem, however, that the cupcakes don't dome as much, because as the muffins expand in the oven they can expand laterally and not just vertically as in muffin tins. You can also use those Wilton 3.25 ounce nut and party cups, and they are rigid enough so that you get the same doming you would in a muffin tin, though it is more work the remove the cupcakes from them.

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

I second Patrick's suggestion. Here's a picture http://www.cakechannel.com/cupcake-wedding-cakes.html if you aren't quite sure what he means. I use a smaller size for mini muffins for my daughters. They have a more stable bottom than your standard muffin liner and will be easier to transport. Where I buy them, the small ones are less than a penny a piece.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

Ugh, hate it too.

I think just for consistency's sake (I have a bit of OCD) I would spring for 2 more 12-cup pans, and it would require just a few (4-5) passes in the oven before I finish 200. Then again, a regular 12-cup pan here is about $4. Anyway, good luck!

Mark

The Gastronomer's Bookshelf - Collaborative book reviews about food and food culture. Submit a review today! :)

No Special Effects - my reader-friendly blog about food and life.