• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gordon Ramsay Opening In Paris

ameiden

According to the British press, the London three-star chef Gordon Ramsay will open a restaurant in Paris later this year, in addition to his already 10 restaurants in the UK, as well as in New York, Tokyo and Dubai.

I believe it is the first time that a British three-star chef (admittedly one who has Joel Robuchon and Guy Savoy amoung his mentors) goes out to challenge the best restaurants of Paris. Does anybody know more about what is coming up and where the restaurant will be?

According to this article (which is, actually, a few months old) he's not saying where, but it's scheduled for spring of 2008. I haven't seen much else about it (including nothing on his website that I saw right off). So, curious to see if anyone else comes up with any other new and interesting info about it.

52 martinis blog

@52martinis

The article says it might be at the Westin Trianon Palace, and that would indeed make sense, since the former chef, Gérard Vié, just retired from the restaurant Les Trois Marches.

"Mais moi non plus, j'ai pas faim! En v'là, une excuse!..."

(Jean-Pierre Marielle)

``I'm 40 years of age: We've got 15 years left of shelf life,'' he said. ``My objective is three Michelin stars in New York and three stars in Paris. When I climb that mountain, I think from a chef's point of view, I've achieved the ultimate goal.''

Full story at this website

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...fC.s&refer=muse

Edited by pirate (log)

This very well may have been posted elsewhere on the eG forums, but in case anyone in the France forum is interested in reading a bit more about Gordon Ramsay, I will post a interesting article about his restaurant in New York which appeared in the New Yorker recently by Bill Buford.

The Taming of the Chef, by Bill Buford, The New Yorker

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

Personally, I think Ramsay will do about the same as he does in New York so far. I doubt if he will get 3-star in Paris, but still look forward to it. It would be great if Ramsay dares to open the restaurant somewhere in 8th Arrondissement where most of Paris top restaurants located. Just my 2 cents ...