• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

It's That Time Of Year Again

It is my BIL's birthday - he lives there and we live in Richmond, VA and for the last couple of years this board has recommended some really good places to send him gift certificates to. So here we go again. What is new and hot in the area right now? He appreciates good food and eats pretty much anything, but he's not a divey-but-delicious type, likes fairly healthy food, but will splurge for a special occasion. He's in his 40's but single. Travels all around the world for both pleasure and business.

Help, please, my southwestern friends! Thanks, Kim

It is my BIL's birthday - he lives there and we live in Richmond, VA  and for the last couple of years this board has recommended some really good places to send him gift certificates to.  So here we go again.  What is new and hot in the area right now?  He appreciates good food and eats pretty much anything, but he's not a divey-but-delicious type, likes fairly healthy food, but will splurge for a special occasion.  He's in his 40's but single.  Travels all around the world for both pleasure and business. 

Help, please, my southwestern friends!  Thanks, Kim

Kim,

Roughly how much would you like to spend?? Maybe Methode Bistro would be a good call. My top choice in Scottsdale would be Sea Saw...Chef Fukuda just won the James Beard Award for Best Chef Southwest.

Molto E

Edited by molto e (log)

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

molto e, we spend about $50. This wouldn't need to cover the whole bill - he eats out a lot and has plenty of money, but we do this to help him find new, cool places that he might not otherwise discover (he loves good food, but won't go to the trouble to seek stuff out like me). Thanks for the ideas and if you have anymore, pass them on! Kim

molto e, we spend about $50.  This wouldn't need to cover the whole bill - he eats out a lot and has plenty of money, but we do this to help him find new, cool places that he might not otherwise discover (he loves good food, but won't go to the trouble to seek stuff out like me).  Thanks for the ideas and if you have anymore, pass them on!  Kim

A new option to consider is Latilla at the Boulders...I have not tried it yet but the chef has a good pedigree and has her own garden for the restaurant going.

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com