• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Full Throttle Fury

Carrot Top

I'd never heard of it till yesterday (though apparently it's been around for several years :biggrin: ) when going to Sonic (under duress) they had it advertised on the menu. Big big sign. It sort of appalled me, so I tried to order it. The thing is, they had it as a "slurpie" which made me laugh as "slurpie" sounded funny in conjunction with "full throttle fury" and I laughed so hard the guy taking the order could not understand me. So I gave up and ordered root beer instead.

Then I came home and googled it and found that lovely ad. :smile:

Apparently they also have "sugar-free" Full Throttle and will be releasing something called "Full Throttle Mother" in August.

(I'm guessing that's pronounced "muthuh" not "mother".)

Still, I think I'll have to try it to see what it feels like to let my inner man out.

At the very least, it might have me jumping around playing air guitar and howling.

And how much fun is that. :raz:

Of all the stupid energy drinks which one can find in Norcal, Fury is still my #1.

Instead of getting a job last summer, I went running every other day (yeah, it was a nice life while it lasted lol.) One day, I had to fight to get myself to the gym. So, I chugged a fury on the way. Long story short, added over half a mile to my distance (at the same speed, if not better.) Every 2nd or 3rd time, I would chug a can on my drive over. Went from doing 1 1/2 miles in around 18 minutes to 3 1/2 miles in around 30.

Then again, I think you have to like orange soda to like Fury.

Edited by PurpleDingo99 (log)

Of all the stupid energy drinks which one can find in Norcal, Fury is still my #1.

Went from doing 1 1/2 miles in around 18 minutes to 3 1/2 miles in around 30.

PurpleDingo, do you have an inner man, ahem, natively? Or do you rely on FTF to give you an inner man to bring out like some of us? :huh::wink::biggrin:

Went from doing 1 1/2 miles in around 18 minutes to 3 1/2 miles in around 30.

PurpleDingo, do you have an inner man, ahem, natively? Or do you rely on FTF to give you an inner man to bring out like some of us? :huh::wink::biggrin:

I have an inner man, am an outer man, and gain the strength of four men when struck with the techno/kickboxing/tribal tatoo treat which is Full Throttle Fury. :raz: