• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Toast

Curlz

My mom just mentioned that there is a new place in Montclair, and a drive-by confirmed that they're open. The location is the old Le Carousel/Top Notch, on the far end of the block that is also home to Belgiovone's (sp?), Marrakech, and Lalezar--across form Whole Foods on Bloomfield Ave.

The logo is a coffee cup, so I don't know if it's a full-service restaurant, coffee shop, or what. Haven't had time to stop in, obviously. Anyone know anything about it?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

My mom just mentioned that there is a new place in Montclair, and a drive-by confirmed that they're open.  The location is the old Le Carousel/Top Notch, on the far end of the block that is also home to Belgiovone's (sp?), Marrakech, and Lalezar--across form Whole Foods on Bloomfield Ave. 

The logo is a coffee cup, so I don't know if it's a full-service restaurant, coffee shop, or what.  Haven't had time to stop in, obviously.  Anyone know anything about it?

Toast.

My mom just mentioned that there is a new place in Montclair, and a drive-by confirmed that they're open.  The location is the old Le Carousel/Top Notch, on the far end of the block that is also home to Belgiovone's (sp?), Marrakech, and Lalezar--across form Whole Foods on Bloomfield Ave. 

Close - Belgiovine's - I'm still working there. Pop in for some mozz next tme!

The rumor on the block is that the former hair salon is going to be a Cuban restaurant later this year.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

New owners too, or is it Top Notch retooled?

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

New owners too, or is it Top Notch retooled?

Brand new place. My husband had breakfast there (I just had some fruit salad) a couple of days ago. Very promising, and the lunch menu looks amazing. Also, it's really nicely designed--homey. A good addition to the breakfast/lunch landscape.

Susan