• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Johnson And Wales In New Orleans?

A story in yesterday's Picayune about the World Trade Center, that behemouth at the foot of Canal Street, had this interesting paragraph:

The original proposal by Full Spectrum NY LLC calls for a Johnson and Wales University Culinary Day School, a 7,000-square-foot Gris-Gris Center for Culture and Trade, and another 7,000 square feet of retail space facing the corner of Delta and Poydras streets.

This sounds like good news for New Orleans. Let's hope it happens.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a bill up for vote that offers tax credits to "culinary arts and food science infrastructure". 10% for 15,000-150,000 spent, 15% for 150,000-1mil, and 20% for 1 mil and up. Hopefully it passes and that will make them reconsider.

I credit JW for providing the infrastructure in making Charleston a great food city. Just imagine what a bunch of skilled labor could do for a city that's already great.

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys