• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baking Sheets Muffin And Loaf Tins

cnspriggs

What brands (or materials type) of baking sheets, muffin tins and loaf tins does everyone prefer? I was looking around a hardware shop and noticed some enamel sheets? How does baking on these turn out?

As far as the baking sheets I like the Airbake ones that are 2 layers...you would have to TRY to burn the bottom of anything with those sheets

Tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I like the Air-Bake sheets as well for most things. I've never seen enamel sheets, though I remember seeing enamel baking pans when I was little.

For loaf pans, I like Chicago Metallic.

For fancy cakes/breads, Nordicware.

I like the Air-Bake sheets as well for most things.

I'm not fussy about baking sheets. I have some beat up steel ones I use for dirty or sticky things and some thick aluminum ones for "nice" things.

For loaf pans, I like Chicago Metallic.

For fancy cakes/breads, Nordicware.

Me too! :smile:

I have some KitchenAid jelly roll pans and cookie sheets that I love. They are fairly heavy. I am not sure what brand bread pans I have, just cheap aluminums I have had for a gazillion years.

Edited by Marigene (log)

I love Chicago Metallic commercial weight.

On eBay I got these really heavy coated muffin/cupcake pans (24-cup) that bake the most handsome product you have ever seen (I don't like papers on muffins that I bake for my own consumption) and they are a snap to clean.

Chicago Metallic, Wearever or Matfer loaf pans. Always coated. Have also tried the one with the pebbly surface, forgot the brand name.

For baking sheets, commercial sized half-sheet pans 18-gauge or heavier. They have a rim to grab onto and stack perpendicularly with stuff on them.

Another vote for the Chicago Metallic commercial.

Aluminized steel, dull metallic finish. No non-stick anything. Use parchment, like every baker in the world. This material combination works great.

Any similar weight, light (but not polished) aluminum works virtually as well.

I have a couple of air bake insulated sheets also. I use those only when i don't want the bottom of what I'm baking to get browned. But they work great as baker's peels ... I use them all the time to slide things in and out of the oven.

Notes from the underbelly

for sheet pans, I just get the generic, restaurant supply store brand from my local restaurant supply store.

For load pans and muffin tins, I like the "Bakers Secret" brand. Most typically, these are found at grocery stores. That's where I get mine. They are nice and cheap and work well.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"