• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

I may need an intervention.

I am seriously considering buying a dehydrator.

Looking for input from owners, once you had/have it, how long did the rapture last before it was "stored" or are you still using it?

I would use it as whatever seasonal fruit/veg comes my way or whatever "can't pass up deal" at stores tempt me.  

I also do beef jerky and think I would do more if I had a focused tool with lots of trays to binge batch it.   Excalibur would be my focus, due to @andiesenji and @Shelby reviews.

Right now I use an Oster countertop oven to do jerky but I have to jimmy-rig enough trays to make it work somewhat efficiently.

I do have room in another building other than the house where odor/noise wouldn't bother anyone. 

So enablers/disablers, have at it. 

lemniscate

lemniscate

I may need an intervention.

I am seriously considering buying a dehydrator.

Looking for input from owners, once you had/have it, how long did the rapture last before it was "stored" or are you still using it?

I would use it as whatever seasonal fruit/veg comes my way or whatever "can't pass up deal" at stores tempt me.  

I also do beef jerky and think I would do more if I had a focused tool with lots of trays to binge batch it.   Excalibur would be my focus, due to @andiesenji and @Shelby reviews.

Right now I use an Oster countertop oven to due jerky but I have to jimmy-rig enough trays to make it work somewhat efficiently.

I do have room in another building other than the house where odor/noise wouldn't bother anyone. 

So enablers/disablers, have at it.