• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

On August 8, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Okanagancook said:

Funny story today.  I was loading up my "el-cheapo" dehydrator remarking to my DH "boy, we've had great use out of this cheapie little thing, I think it's been ten years".  Took it out to the laundry area, plugged it in, walked away.  Two hours later, DH says, 'how come the dehydrator is turned off?".  Not turned off at all.  Dead!  Ha.  As if on que.:(

So I ordered one of these babies:  https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0115X5UGE/ref=pe_386430_203440370_TE_item  :D

You will LOVE this.  I have one.  I thought I'd use the hell out of it but it languishes downstairs.  I know I'd use it more if it were up here......I need to rectify that.

It makes really good jerky.  I like all of the different temperatures you have to choose from.  My first dehydrator didn't have all those options.

edited to add:  mine isn't the same model but it is an Excalibur.  

Shelby

Shelby

On August 8, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Okanagancook said:

Funny story today.  I was loading up my "el-cheapo" dehydrator remarking to my DH "boy, we've had great use out of this cheapie little thing, I think it's been ten years".  Took it out to the laundry area, plugged it in, walked away.  Two hours later, DH says, 'how come the dehydrator is turned off?".  Not turned off at all.  Dead!  Ha.  As if on que.:(

So I ordered one of these babies:  https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0115X5UGE/ref=pe_386430_203440370_TE_item  :D

You will LOVE this.  I have one.  I thought I'd use the hell out of it but it languishes downstairs.  I know I'd use it more if it were up here......I need to rectify that.

It makes really good jerky.  I like all of the different temperatures you have to choose from.  My first dehydrator didn't have all those options.