• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

From Cabrales

Rosie

This question is from Cabrales. I moved it so it would not get lost with another question. RS

Mr. Corcoran -- Following up on Paul's question, could you describe the historical experience/background that your two or three most frequent dining companions have had with cuisine and wine? Would you trust their opinions as though they were your own, and do you typically taste more than a bite of their dishes? :laugh:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

My most frequent dining companion is my wife. We've been married 19 years, so our food and wine experience tracks very closely. Other companions tend to be very serious foodies, though for the most part not professionals.

Without being utterly obnoxious, I usually taste more than a bite of a companion's dish. Our table sometimes resembles a complicated Frisbee match, with plates flying back and forth, clockwise and counterclockwise.

And yes, their opinions matter (especially when they come from my wife).