• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

innerbooty

innerbooty

additional comments

Hi,

Thanks for the additional info, and for the Google research. It's interesting that you dug up some info on Sweet Papaya Mustard through Google. I could fine not a trace, but maybe my Google skills are not up to snuff. Well, at least that means I hopefully wasn't just hallucinating the existence of Sweet Papaya Mustard. It does sound likely that the less hot version of the Hot Sauce could be in the ballpark of what I knew as Sweet Papaya Mustard. Wonder if it was a different product, or just a re-branding of the less hot version of the sauce. I also love the taste of the "Real" hot sauce, but the Sweet Papaya Mustard was great in almost ketchup-like quantities on chicken sandwiches and the like. Something like that would be dangerous with the hot sauce. Thanks again! Might try my hand at Googling again, see if I can find what you found...

Ah, so I did another Google search, this time with quotes around "Sweet Papaya Mustard" and found a "Massachusetts Specialty Products Directory" from 1995 that lists all the Inner Beauty products at the time, which include the Hot sauce, Real Hot Sauce, Sweet Papaya Mustard and Blue Marlin Fish Sauce, which I had forgotten about (and didn't use much). Have now confirmed it wasn't all in my head. Now I'm curious if there is any way to find out what the ingredients were in the Sweet Papaya Mustard. I imagine not. Who ran the Inner Beauty company back then? Was it Chris Schlesinger...?

innerbooty

innerbooty

Hi,

Thanks for the additional info, and for the Google research. It's interesting that you dug up some info on Sweet Papaya Mustard through Google. I could fine not a trace, but maybe my Google skills are not up to snuff. Well, at least that means I hopefully wasn't just hallucinating the existence of Sweet Papaya Mustard. It does sound likely that the less hot version of the Hot Sauce could be in the ballpark of what I knew as Sweet Papaya Mustard. Wonder if it was a different product, or just a re-branding of the less hot version of the sauce. I also love the taste of the "Real" hot sauce, but the Sweet Papaya Mustard was great in almost ketchup-like quantities on chicken sandwiches and the like. Something like that would be dangerous with the hot sauce. Thanks again! Might try my hand at Googling again, see if I can find what you found...