• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Skillet Street Bistro intro

I am not sure if this is ok etiquette wise, but here goes..

Hey all...

first time posting to egullet, but wanted to give you a heads up that in the next month, most likely mid june. Skillet Street bistro will be rolling out.

Think high end roach coach...we will be offering up some simple bistro food/ classic american out of an old airstream trailer that is now a commercial kitchen. We will primarily be touring office parks, events, and farmers markets, and the occasional catered event..

check us out at www.skilletstreetfood.com and i will be dropping some notes periodically before the roll out, and we hope to see you allwhen you drop by the trailer..

thanks

JH

eat@skilletstreetfood.com

the evolved cuisine is really a just a tag, but to be honest, I really think that what we are doing is an offshoot of where food is going today. Food has made an upward transformation in this country in the past 20-30 years and one evolution of that is that it ultimately reaches the street food level. We are going to be bringing high end street food, simple and seasonably relevant to the city.....out of an airstream trailer that has been refurbished to a commercial kitchen.

you can check out more about us and our food at www.skilletstreetfood.com

thanks..

JH

thanks...

our pricing will be competitive...

5-7 for breakfast, and 7-10 for lunch...isn't going to be a cheap place, but our focus will be on local products, and seasonal...

so probably no strawberries in december, at least fresh ones..

look for our gps link later this month...

thanks and look forward to saying hi

This does look like an interesting idea... looking forward to seeing you around town.

Looking over the menu, I notice that you don't have any vegetarian sandwiches or mains. Is this just an oversight, or an intentional business decision? You'll notice a vegetarian option at almost all restaurants in Seattle, except for non-local chains. Even steakhouses (even El Gaucho), have vegetarian options. I'd say that especially since you plan on setting up shop in places like farmers markets, I'd say it would be a good idea to think about tweaking the menu to include some vegetarian friendly food.

Hi...

I am sure there will be some veggie fare..but most likely in the soups, salads, sandwiches sections.. I can guarantee a veggie option of some sort every day.. definitely ....however...

we love swine...

your menu looks great, best of luck!

i'm a little hazy on the seating/service...is everything going to be packaged to go or is there seating in the trailer? what kind of packaging are you using...sustainable/biodegradable...? will you be posting your locations online? how will your prospective clients know where to find you on a given day?

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

Hi there...

great questions..

the menu will be to go and most definitely our packaging will be eco friendly/sustainable..

No seating, will be a high end roach coach..

As far as locations, we will be posting a schedule online as well as everyday having a GPS link to where we are at, whether it is one, two or three Skillet trailers around the city..

Thanks for the comments...and hopefully we will have one in NY city as well.. :)