• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Top Chef: Season 3

KristiB50

On that reunion, I thought Casey looked frightening with all that makeup on. It almost looked like a different person. Especially when they kept flashing back to show moments. She looks much better without it (or at least keeping it minimal).

Check out her restaurant web site. She doesn't look at all the same!

Wow, she looks completely different!

Anyone actually eaten there? Whoa, those are NYC prices! :blink:

Edited by Vinotas (log)

On that reunion, I thought Casey looked frightening with all that makeup on. It almost looked like a different person. Especially when they kept flashing back to show moments. She looks much better without it (or at least keeping it minimal).

Check out her restaurant web site. She doesn't look at all the same!

Wow, she looks completely different!

Anyone actually eaten there? Whoa, those are NYC prices! :blink:

Nope. I'm not really into fancy asian places unless it's sushi. But I've been to Tre's place a few times. Really good stuff there.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

Nope.  I'm not really into fancy asian places unless it's sushi.   But I've been to Tre's place a few times. Really good stuff there.

Which place is Tre's?

Also, has anyone tried Lola (I know, veering off-topic, apologies)?

Abacus (in Dallas). Way, way up in the thread, I posted some photos of a meal I had there at the chef's table.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

Casey's looks played a part in her being cast for the show of course - that shot of her in a bikini sitting in the hot tub did show that she was not born with that cup size...

Is it really that hard to believe a woman can be pretty AND talented? I can't believe how much crap is still being said in this thread (and how much was on the bravo boards) about her looks. Both Tom and Tony dismissed these types of comments in their blogs; Tom directly addressed the charge that Casey been cast and then advanced for her looks (he did think that a previous season's contestant-some pretty first year cooking school student who clearly didn't belong-had been cast for HER looks. But it clearly was not the case here that Casey didn't belong).