• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coke Plus -- have you seen it? Tried it?

Beth E.

Just in case you wanted a little something extra with your coke now there's Coke Plus. There's even a diet coke plus.

The plus is vitamins and minerals -- because when I'm drinking coke I like to feel like I'm doing something good for me. :blink:

What's next, pork rinds with ginko?

Edited by Beth E. (log)

:laugh: pork rinds with ginko :laugh:

Yes I tried the Diet Plus. It was pretty good but I think the acid in it still probably eats your gums. Can't have everything. I'd pop for some Coke that could dissolve cellulte, bring world peace and free us from the pod people. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

:biggrin:

Maybe Diet Coke with Botox, to firm and tighten up those crow's feet. Oh, wait, taking Botox orally's probably NOT the ideal way...

I doubt that I'll drink it, unless someone gives me it for free. Between Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, Diet Cherry Coke, Diet Lime Coke, and oh yeah, Cherry Coke Zero, I just don't have room in my refrigerator for another Coke product, no matter how healthy it might make me. Now if someone comes up with Aquafina with Prozac...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A favorite dish in Kansas is creamed corn on a stick.”

-Jeff Harms, actor, comedian.

>Enjoying every bite, because I don't know any better...

Maybe Diet Coke with Botox, to firm and tighten up those crow's feet. Oh, wait, taking Botox orally's probably NOT the ideal way.......Now if someone comes up with Aquafina with Prozac...

oh my god, that's hysterical....

I'd need a keg

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

Maybe Diet Coke with Botox, to firm and tighten up those crow's feet. Oh, wait, taking Botox orally's probably NOT the ideal way...

I doubt that I'll drink it, unless someone gives me it for free. Between Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, Diet Cherry Coke, Diet Lime Coke, and oh yeah, Cherry Coke Zero, I just don't have room in my refrigerator for another Coke product, no matter how healthy it might make me. Now if someone comes up with Aquafina with Prozac...

That is exactly why I tried it. I had received a couple of free 20 oz. coupons for Coke Plus and brought two bottles of Diet Coke Plus home. My son drank one (He just saw Coke on the bottle and that was enough) and I drank the other. Perhaps my tastes buds aren't very sophisticated, but I couldn't tell the difference in Diet Coke Plus and Diet Coke. My son had similar thoughts.

I think the whole idea is a little weird, but it was on sale, so I bought it.

Not bad, really. Not bad at all -- a richer, fuller flavor than regular Diet Coke. More Cola Taste. :hmmm:

I didn't get a deep voice or run faster, jump higher, or become able to see in the dark or squat 150 pounds.

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

I bought a 20oz bottle, the other day, to try. I feel like it tastes more acidic, a bit less sweet, and has a weird metallic finish, but outside of that, tastes like Diet Coke, to me.

I'll keep drinking my regular Diet Coke, and keep with the multivitamins. I should be ok...

I just heard that Coke's discontinued Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke...dangit! This Coke Plus better not be to blame. Every time I find something I like, they pull it off the market.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A favorite dish in Kansas is creamed corn on a stick.”

-Jeff Harms, actor, comedian.

>Enjoying every bite, because I don't know any better...