• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brooklyn Heights Food

zpzjessica

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of uncommon grounds - has anyone been there recently? is it even open? any good?

and has anyone tried the new pizza place on henry street, oven? i know it only opened within the past couple days...was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on it!

We went to Teresa's several weeks ago and had a nice experience. It's a great mom & pop, homestyle restaurant that I wish I had over the bridge. The food was tick to your ribs yummy and I would recommend it to anyone. (Who isn't dieting.) Good food, good value, decent service.

I miss the East Village Teresa's. I have a cold and wish I could call them for chicken soup delivery. :sad: Enjoy them, you Brooklyn Heights people.

If you're willing to walk a bit, consider going to Junior's. Such a pleasant place!

Michael aka "Pan"

• 1 year later...

When I lived in Brooklyn Heights (just last year) we'd regularly go to Sea, the Thai/Chinese/Japanese place on Clark off of Henry. We usually got Thai or sushi and it was pretty good. Also, Tazza just opened a location right next to there at 72 Clark St. and they have some great pastries and coffee.

I did a comic on them for The L Magazine you can see here. Tazza

I also second Teresa's and Grimaldi's. I also recommend the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Montague Street Bagels can't be beat for fresh hot bagels!

I'm just curious as to why you guys recommend Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory? I went there once and I didn't like any of the flavors.

I work for a ice cream company so I'll admit I can be biased, but I wasn't feeling that place. Nice location though.