• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Key Biscayne eating?

VaNC

We are heading to Key Biscayne this weekend and staying at the Ritz Carlton. I haven't been to the Key since the early 80's, so I need help. I know there are great places to eat in Miami (I have been searching the board!) but is there anywhere worth eating on the Key, assuming we get really lazy and don't want to leave the key? How is the food at the R.C...... Any special recommendations, assuming they have multiple restuarants?

I recall a little place in a back corner of a strip mall where you could a great breakfast sandwich with a fried egg in the middle.(...great after staying out really late at Stefano's.) Anyone know if the place still exists? (Or goodness, if Stefano's still exist?)

Any good places to have a drink and hang out, other than the Ritz Carlton?

Thanks,

Beth

The place you're thinking of for breakfast is the Donut Gallery. I think it's still there. Used to live on Key Biscayne - but I haven't been there for a long time - so I can't help you with the rest of your questions. Robyn

I have eaten at a couple of good, inexpensive restaurants on Key Biscayne - not sure if that's what you're looking for, but they are Sir Pizza, a good little pizza place, and the Bayside Hut, a nice fish place on the water.

The Rusty Pelican is a more pricey restaurant, and I have only eaten there once, but recall it being good. A friend who lives on the island said they have a very good Sunday brunch.

There is a steak place called Linda B's (sp?) that is supposedly good, according to my friend.

And my friend says the Ritz has an Italian and a Mexican restaurant. He has eaten at the Mexican restaurant and says it is very good. They apparently have a free salsa/guacamole bar on Sunday nights that he really enjoyed.

Hope this helps!

adrienne

Edited by Adrienne Carmack (log)
"God give us good taste, why bother?" Captain Jim's Sushi Chef