• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sam Adams Utopia

maher

Im trying to find Sam Adams Utopias beer/liquor but im not getting anywhere with it. I bought a couple of bottles two years ago and really liked it, but it seems that there is no more supply for some reason. does anyone know where i can find it? either online or in NY would work for me

thanks

Sam Adams Utopias is only bottled every other year, and in relatively small quantities (in 2005 they did 8000 bottles). Last thing I read (someone quoted from a e-mail response from BBC), they plan on bottling the 2007 edition during the "Holiday Season".

If you do find some 2005 on the shelf, it's usually going for well above the original suggested retail price.

There is that huge beer store in Huntington, NY, whose name escapes me, that ususally has a few Utopias on the shelves. I would check there. Last time I was in there, while on a visit a few months back, I noticed at least 3 Utopias on display.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Actually, it's this place (I found it listed in Lew Bryson's superb beer book, New York Breweries):

Shoreline Beverage

645 New York Avenue

Huntington, New York 11743

800-783-BEER

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"