• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Waiters gone wild

FistFullaRoux

nola.com's account of the melee

Two waiters at Antoine's restaurant got into a fight this afternoon while setting up tables at the swanky French Quarter restaurant, a melee that ended with one of the waiters smashing a bottle over the head of the other.

Well, that's a helluva thing. I haven't heard AB mention that one yet.

I'm just wondering what kind of bottle it was.

Screw it. It's a Butterball.

nola.com's account of the melee
Two waiters at Antoine's restaurant got into a fight this afternoon while setting up tables at the swanky French Quarter restaurant, a melee that ended with one of the waiters smashing a bottle over the head of the other.

Well, that's a helluva thing. I haven't heard AB mention that one yet.

I'm just wondering what kind of bottle it was.

I mean think if it was a chianti bottle, that's a not widely known feature type hidden asset for the Chianti bottle thread. A straw wrapped chianti bottle would be a good choice because the glass would not shatter as far and wide. Y'know more blunt force trauma and fewer messy stitches. If that was their choice, I say kudos to the quick thinking there.

Edited by K8memphis (log)

Well, those water bottles are a pretty serious weapon- They are custom made for Antoine's and you used to be able to buy them at Adler's, but I can't seem to find them online. No matter though, trust me-it would be like whacking someone with a crystal bowling pin. Those things are heavy and indelicate (which makes them a perfect match for the food at Antoine's :) )

\

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...