• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicken heart recipe

Daznz

Here's spicy adobo marinated grilled chicken hearts..

Mix 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/8 cup soy sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, I tablespoon hot sauce (Tabasco) and a bay leaf in a bowl. Add washed/drained chicken hearts, cover and chill in the fridge for an hour. Fire up the grill and skewer the hearts in tiny bamboo sticks and grill for about 15-20 minutes until the hearts are golden-brown.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

I love chicken hearts. I used to stir-fry them with soy sauce, rice wine, a bit of sugar and salt, white pepper and cornstarch.

When my aunt makes steamed chicken my cousins and I try to snag all the innards, so maybe you can try that - skip the chicken and just steam the hearts.

Here's spicy adobo marinated grilled chicken hearts..

Mix 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/8 cup soy sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, I tablespoon hot sauce (Tabasco) and a bay leaf in a bowl. Add washed/drained chicken hearts, cover and chill in the fridge for an hour. Fire up the grill and skewer the hearts in tiny bamboo sticks and grill for about 15-20 minutes until the hearts are golden-brown.

Yum thankyou so much, i think ill grill them over charcoal what do you think?

Dale

Charcoal grilled is the way to go!!!! Let the smoke fire up too and that would add greatly to the flavor. This recipe is from the common street food found in the streets of Manila. A stick of grilled chicken hearts go for about 50 cents. Enjoy and I am drooling now at the thought of you enjoying those crispy, crunchy hearts.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

I like to stir fry chicken hearts, livers, and gizzards and most the time all together to give it a nice texture contrast.

You can slice the chicken hearts and then marinate them with a tiny bit of salt to tenderize them.

Then in a hot wok with high heat, add oil, ginger, dried chilis, and garlic. When fragrant, throw in the chicken inners and stir fry very quickly. When the inners are almost cooked, add rice wine, splash of vinegar, light and dark soy. Mix well and then add a cornstarch and watch mixture to thicken the sauce. Add scallions and serve immediately.

Thanks for the ideas all :biggrin: ive got half my hearts marinating to grill over charcoal and the rest im not sure if im going to do XiaoLings recipe or hzrt8w :rolleyes: so ill have to sleep on it... Thanks again all

Dale