• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Stores in the Palm Beaches

joiei

I am looking for recommendations for good wine shops in the Palm Beach area. One that will be able to order in wines that they might not normally carry on their racks. Most of the time, I will be ordering wines by the several cases and need to find a wine merchant that is willing to work with me. Does anyone have anyplace that they like? Recommendations for Fort Lauderdale are also being sought. Thanks.

Edited by joiei (log)

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

I would strongly recommend "Total Wines and More." Boca website here:

Total Wine Website

They have locations in Palm Beach Gardens, Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale and North Miami (Aventura Area).

The location that I am familiar with in North Miami boasts the square footage of a Sam's Club or a Costco. It is an amazing thing to see that much wine under one roof. I have found the staff to be extremely pleasant and very helpful. I would think that any of the locations would be able to get you virtually anything you want. Free delivery within a 20 mile radius of any of the stores for orders $200 or more. If you are in Palm Beach proper, the Palm Beach Gardens store would be closest to you. Boca Raton is nearly at the Broward county line if you are in the southern half of the county.

Anne

I am looking for recommendations for good wine shops in the Palm Beach area.  One that will be able to order in wines that they might not normally carry on their racks.  Most of the time, I will be ordering wines by the several cases and need to find a wine merchant that is willing to work with me.  Does anyone have anyplace that they like?  Recommendations for Fort Lauderdale are also being sought.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I would suggest you may want to call:

Felipe Villaveces

Wine Warehouse of Ft. Lauderdale

2554 N. Federal Highway

Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33305

(next to Skyline Chili)

(954) 376-3697

He was great when I was buying in advance for my parents to pick up some wine for their cruise. WW also has some of the best bubbly prices in the state and got some of the best Zind Humbrecht prices I have ever seen in the US.

officially left egullet....

Total Wines was absolutely no help. They will not special order anything. So I found another place that was very helpful.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Total Wines was absolutely no help.  They will not special order anything.  So I found another place that was very helpful.

Ouch, I am sorry to hear that. Which store were you dealing with, or were they uncooperative at the corporate level?

Total Wines was absolutely no help.  They will not special order anything.  So I found another place that was very helpful.

Ouch, I am sorry to hear that. Which store were you dealing with, or were they uncooperative at the corporate level?

I was told this was corporate policy.