• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef Anthony Lo Pinto

Rosie

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

To get directly to the article go here:

http://www.njmonthly.com/rosie/rnews.html

I have been following Chef Lo Pinto for many years and have always enjoyed his cooking. Some of my favorite dishes are:wild mushrooms with creamy polenta and white port truffle broth; crispy herbal goat cheese sandwiched with eggplant, mesclun, tomato, and lardons; and sesame-crusted tuna with soba noodles.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

O.K., I know this will start a shit storm but why aren't The Earth and Anthony LoPinto threads tied together? Why the PR thrust? I like Spiro, have never met Anthony but why two threads?

Ummm no one with "the power" noticed yet?

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 6 months later...

In the interest of keeping the Earth thread seperate, here's the latest update: Crave looks complete and it looks fabulous! They did a lot of work on the exterior and it looks like they beefed up and expanded the glassed-in deck facing the airport.

No menus or website as of yet, but it's twice the space that Earth had and I'm sure it's going to do great. I may stop by for drinks after work since I'm not five minutes away.

Go Anthony!

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

In the interest of keeping the Earth thread seperate, here's the latest update: Crave looks complete and it looks fabulous!  They did a lot of work on the exterior and it looks like they beefed up and expanded the glassed-in deck facing the airport.

No menus or website as of yet, but it's twice the space that Earth had and I'm sure it's going to do great.  I may stop by for drinks after work since I'm not five minutes away. 

Go Anthony!

So is it offically opened?

Hours, do they have liquor license?

I don't think it's open as of yesterday afternoon. It was dead, nobody was on the premises, doors were locked.

I'll give it another look at lunch tomorrow and update you all.

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

I drove by at lunch time on 11/9/07 and it did not appear to be open. No cars, lights not on. Do they plan on serving lunch?

It may be a while before they serve lunch or dinner, unfortunately. The restaurant has been ready to go for about a month.

Bergen Record

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

February.......

Chef Lo Pinto is at Highlawn right now

http://njmg.typepad.com/foodblog/2007/11/c...ng-crave-c.html

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 2 months later...
Good news (I hope) about Crave...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

I drove by last night and someone with a very expensive camera and a tripod was taking photos - here's hoping their publicity package works out!

I can now confirm that the news about Crave is good. From a VERY trusted source. :wink: I am SO looking forward to having Anthony's cooking (again)!!!

Well...trip to Crave. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

The very reliable word on the street (which I can also confirm) is that Crave will open within the next week or two! Stay tuned for further intel as it becomes available. :wink: