• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Art of Tea

jpr54_

I just received issue #2 of this beautifully prepared magazine-

I purchased my copy at www.houdeasianart.com

The magazine has articles on yixing teapots, puerh tea, gong fu style tea servic

joanne r. aka jpr54_

The magazine has articles on yixing teapots, puerh tea, gong fu style tea servic

joanne r. aka jpr54_

WOW! This is amazing. :laugh: I have a yixing pot, I love puerh tea and I practice a form of gong fu cha (tea). My only problem is that I am familiar with gong fu cha only through things I have read. Do you know how one might go about finding a gong fu tea teacher?

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)

joanne r. aka jpr54_

WOW! This is amazing. :laugh: I have a yixing pot, I love puerh tea and I practice a form of gong fu cha (tea). My only problem is that I am familiar with gong fu cha only through things I have read. Do you know how one might go about finding a gong fu tea teacher?

why not contact guang at houdeasianart and ask? or brian wright at www.shanshuitea.com in washington,dc?

i think in lower manhattan one of small teahouses has an instructor-not sure of the teahouse name

there is also gong fu teacher at the mark hotel

korean tea masters are similar-try www.hangawi.com

Edited by jpr54_ (log)

joanne r. aka jpr54_

why not contact guang at houdeasianart and ask? or brian wright at www.shanshuitea.com in washington,dc?

i think in lower manhattan one of small teahouses has an instructor-not sure of the teahouse name

there is also gong fu teacher at the mark hotel

korean tea masters are similar-try www.hangawi.com

Thanks a lot for those contacts.I sent off a few e-mails and am waiting for the replies. Now if only I could find a good Chinese Teahouse in the Great Lakes region :rolleyes: .............

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)